Tokyo, Japan, Nov 9, 2005 - (JCNN) - Pfizer Japan announced the results on November 8th of its latest online survey of medical professionals on blood pressure control. With the aid of ACNielsen Japan, the company surveyed 472 doctors aged 40 or older who are currently taking antihypertensives, from August 6 to September 5.
Of the respondents, 24.2% take Norvasc by Pfizer, followed by Blopress by Takeda Pharmaceutical (16.7%) and Diovan by Novartis Pharma (16.3%). When asked about the reason why they choose Norvasc, 82.5% mentioned that the agent can exert an effect when it is used as a sole regimen. Also, 62.3% cited its long-lasting effect, namely the agent remains effective for 24 hours with a single administration, and 42.1% relied on the acknowledged evidence.
Of the respondents, 46.0% said that antihypertensives meet their targets of blood pressure control, and the remaining 54.0% confessed that they do not meet the criteria. Still, of those who have failed in blood pressure control, 83.2% believe that they control their blood pressure to a certain extent.
Regarding measuring blood pressure, only 34.1% of the respondents said that they check their blood pressure more than once a day, while 22.9% once in two or three days and 21.8% once a week.
A calcium antagonist initially released in the UK in 1991, Norvasc has been available in Japan since 1993. Worldwide sales of Norvasc reached $4.46 billion in fiscal 2004.
Source: JCN http://www.japancorp.net
Copyright [c] 2005 Japan Corporate News Network. All rights reserved.
COPYRIGHT 2005 Japan Corporate News Network K.K.
COPYRIGHT 2005 Gale Group