Sponsored by the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education
To obtain CME credits, complete the test below, following these guidelines:
1. Read each article carefully.
2. Choose the most appropriate response to each of the following questions and record these on the registration form. Unanswered questions are considered incorrect.
3. Send the completed registration form and your payment (check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, American Express) to the Center for Continuing Education, University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC).
4. After your test has been graded, you will receive a receipt, a copy of the correct answers, and a credit statement certifying completion from the UNMC. Questions about the test should be addressed to UNMC Center for Continuing Education (402-559-4152).
Credit: The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this educational activity for a maximum of 3 category 1 credits toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. Each physician should claim only those credits that he/she actually spent in the activity.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
1. Which of the following families of excitatory amino acid receptors is the one Zajonc and Roland state that glutamate appears to act primarily on in the vestibular nuclei?
a. metabotropic glutamate receptors
b. [alpha]-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionic acid receptors
c. kainic acid receptors
d. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors
2. According to Zajonc and Roland, which of the following is believed to regulate movement and posture?
a. cerebral cortex
3. Of these malignant salivary gland tumors, which is the least common according to Kim and Mathog?
a. mucoepidermoid carcinoma
b. carcinoma ex pleomorphic adenoma
c. acinic cell carcinoma
d. adenoid cystic carcinoma
4. With which of the following statements regarding acinic cell carcinoma would Kim and Mathog disagree?
a. It usually occurs between the ages of 40 and 49 years.
b. It occurs more frequently in females than in males.
c. In the parotid gland, it occurs bilaterally in 5% of cases.
d. It rarely occurs in the minor salivary glands.
5. According to sources cited by Kim and Mathog, mortality from acinic cell carcinoma at 20 years is as high as:
6. Approximately what percentage of chordomas are classified as spheno-occipital, according to a source cited by Lynn-Macrae et al?
COPYRIGHT 2005 Medquest Communications, LLC
COPYRIGHT 2005 Gale Group