Karsch Neugebauer syndrome
Lobster hand is a rare congenital deformity of the hand where the middle digit is missing, and the hand is cleft where the metacarpal of the finger should be. This split gives the hands the appearance of lobster claws. more...
- It is an inherited condition, and often occurs in both the hands and the feet. Its pattern of inheritance is autosomal dominant, though occasionally it can skip a generation.
- It affects about 1 in 90,000 babies, with males and females equally as likely to be affected.
- It is treated surgically to improve function and appearance. Prosthetics may also be used, and genetic counselling given to parents with the condition. more...
- Lobster claw hand
- Lobster hand
- Split hand deformity
- Cleft hand
- Ectrodactilia of the hand
- Karsch-Neugebauer syndrome
Read more at Wikipedia.org