Clobetasol Propionate comes in ointment and emollient cream presentations. It is a very high potency topical corticosteroid that should not be used with occlusive dressings. It is recommended that treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks and therapy should be discontinued when adequate results have been achieved. more...
It is used to treat illnesses such as psoriasis, where it is used for the treatment of scalp and body psoriasis.
- Clobetasol Propionate Ointment USP 0.05%, supplied in 15 g, 30 g, and 45 g tubes.
- Temovate & Emollient 0.05%, supplied in 15 g (NDC 0173-0454-01), 30 g (NDC 0173-0454-02) and 60 g (NDC 0173-0454-03) tubes.
- Clobetasol foam 0.05% (Olux®)
Possible side effects
- Acneform eruptions
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Burning sensation
- Cracking and fissuring of the skin
- Cushing's syndrome
- Numbness of fingers
- Perioral dermatitis
- Secondary infection
- Skin atrophy
- Skin maceration
Read more at Wikipedia.org