Latanoprost (pronounced la-TA-noe-prost) opthalmic solution is a topical medication used for controlling the progression of glaucoma or ocular hypertension, by reducing intraocular pressure. It is a prostaglandin analogue that works by increasing the outflow of aqueous fluid from the eyes. It is also known by the brand name of Xalatan Op. more...
Molecular formula: C26H40O5
Possible side effects:
- May cause blurred vision;
- May cause eyelid redness;
- May permanently darken eyelashes;
- May cause eye discomfort;
- May eventually cause permanent darkening of the iris to brown (heterochromia);
- May cause a temporary burning sensation during use.
- May cause thickening of the eyelashes.
Read more at Wikipedia.org